When the manufacturer of your vehicle decides to recall your vehicle for a repair they’ll send a letter to the address on your car’s registration. Then you’ll need to get your car repaired. Here is how to do that for free.


In order to receive your notice of recall for your car, van or truck, you’ll need to have your correct name and address on your car’s registration. This is an easy to overlook task after you move. But it’s important that you keep that address current for recalls and other notices that the DMV might be sending to you – like automated traffic violations from those pesky cameras.

There is another way to receive notices for recalls. You can register your email address with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. You’ll fill out the form which includes the year, make and model of your car. You have the option to add more vehicles and to subscribe to all vehicle notices.

What to Do

When you receive a recall notice for a vehicle you currently own, it’ll give you information on what needs to be repaired and where to get it repaired. The repair is free to the car owner providing you have it repaired at the auto dealership. If you use a private mechanic to do the work then you’ll have to pay for it.

You don’t have to get the repair done, but it’s highly recommended that you do. Recalls are issued when it’s a safety issue. If you don’t fix it then you’ll probably be putting you and your passengers in harm’s way.

Car Maintenance

At A1 Performance Auto Repair we provide recall information for our customers’ convenience. We do not do any recall work for the manufacturers. You’ll get an appointment at the auto dealership for those repairs. We can do your car’s maintenance and other repairs that are not covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive coupons and news from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This